Get Your Kids to Play outside with Daniel the Tiger!

image004
The weather is heating up and it’s time for some summer fun with “Let’s Play Outside Week,” featuring five days of special Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood episodes on PBS KIDS that will encourage preschoolers to go outdoors, explore and learn! The grr-ific adventure, which kicks-off on Monday, July 15 with the world premiere of the episode “Safety Patrol”/“Safety at the Beach” (check local listings), also includes these episodes that find Daniel and his friends in the great outdoors:

Tuesday, July 16 – “A Trip to the Enchanted Garden”/“A Trip to the Crayon Factory”
Wednesday, July 17 – “Daniel Shares his Tigertastic Car”/“Katerina Shares her Tutu”
Thursday, July 18 – “Fruit Picking Day”/“Daniel Is Big Enough to Help Dad”
Friday, July 19 – “Play Pretend”/“Super Daniel!”

Playing outside is about more than just having fun, it’s also about staying safe. In “Safety at the Beach,” Daniel and Katerina learn that it’s important to stop, listen and pay attention when they’re at Jungle Beach with Mom. And in “Safety Patrol,” Prince Tuesday takes his friends on a walk through the Neighborhood and they practice their safety rules all along the way.

Inspired by Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood and the exciting upcoming “Let’s Play Outside Week,” here are some fun ideas for summertime exploration in your own neighborhood – and a few simple safety tips, too!:

· Go Fruit or Vegetable Picking! If you don’t have your own garden, visit the farmers’ market or local orchard. Many local farms will let you pick your own seasonal produce right off the tree, plant or vine! Be sure your kids drink lots of water to stay hydrated – it’s hot out there!

· Take a swim! Plan a trip together to a nearby lake or beach. Be sure to slather on the sunscreen and reapply after water play! And, for safety’s sake, always make note of lifeguard stations and stay within arm’s reach of children when they’re in the water.

· Visit the playground! Bring a picnic lunch and let your preschooler swing, slide, climb and run around. Remember to check out the playground equipment to make sure it’s not too hot – and teach kids how to use it the right way! (And remember, hydration is key.)

· Take a hike! Explore a nearby nature trail or walk through the woods. To avoid any “pesky” situations, be sure to tuck pants into socks, wear light clothing, and use child-safe bug spray when in wooded areas. And for everyone’s safety, stay in the center of trails or paths.

28 comments for “Get Your Kids to Play outside with Daniel the Tiger!

1. July 27, 2013 at 2:10 pm

Too many folks have already thrown away plenty of good money on nothing but useless
    salt tablets being shipped from South America.
    Anyone who dares to make a closer inspection will find the underlying difference.
    Do not be tempted to lose weight as quickly as you can,
    your metabolism.
    Valeria recently posted..ValeriaMy Profile

2. July 28, 2013 at 7:27 am

a Bruce Lee workout includes stretching, bending, running, dipping, kicking, jumping, traditional muscle building exercises,
    weight lifting, rope skipping, medicine ball handling, etc.
    In fact, I always suggest to those overweight vegetarians to keep to a max of 4
    pounds a week so you won’t suffer loose skin post weight loss. Do not be tempted to lose weight as quickly as you can, because a crash diet will have you eating less than a thousand calories a day slowing down your metabolism.
    Ginger recently posted..GingerMy Profile

3. October 18, 2013 at 9:11 am

Second hand clothes are bit different to thhe usual clothes that you can buy on the high street, you aree
    a lot less likely to see someone wearing thhe same clothes as you if you wear second hand.
    In the past twoo and a half years, we spent a lot of effort to understand Chinese consumers, Best Buy
    is the real strength of “customer centric” philosophy.
    This article haas been flagged as spam, if you think this is an error please contact us.
    http://isdumanti.newsvine.com/_news/2013/08/28/20230993-the-dirty-dozen-buy-organically-below-are-the-foods-that-should-be-bought-organically-due-to-high-pesticide-levels recently posted..http://isdumanti.newsvine.com/_news/2013/08/28/20230993-the-dirty-dozen-buy-organically-below-are-the-foods-that-should-be-bought-organically-due-to-high-pesticide-levelsMy Profile

4. December 20, 2013 at 11:38 am

This looks really good.

5. January 9, 2014 at 9:03 am

Hello! I could have sworn I’ve been to your blog before but after going through
    many of the posts I realized it’snew to me.
    Anyways, I’m definitely pleased I found it and I’ll be book-marking it and checking back frequently!
    Dakota recently posted..DakotaMy Profile

6. January 17, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Hello there, You’ve done an excellent job.
    I will certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends.
    I’m sure they’ll be benefited from this website.
    water damage home recently posted..water damage homeMy Profile

7. January 17, 2014 at 5:04 pm

I love reading a post that will make men and women think.
    Also, thanks for permitting me to comment!
    schnell abnehmen am bauch recently posted..schnell abnehmen am bauchMy Profile

8. January 18, 2014 at 10:56 pm

I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your website.
    It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable
    for me to come here and visit more often.
    Did you hire out a designer to create your theme?
    Superb work!
    Charlotte roofing contractors recently posted..Charlotte roofing contractorsMy Profile

9. January 23, 2014 at 3:57 am

Hello! I could have sworn I’ve been to your blog
    before but after going through many of the posts I realized it’s new to me.

Anyways, I’m certainly happy I stumbled upon
    it and I’ll be book-marking it and checking back regularly!
    khayan dreams recently posted..khayan dreamsMy Profile

10. January 25, 2014 at 4:22 pm

My coder is trying to persuade me to move to .net from PHP.
    I have always disliked the idea because of the costs.
    But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been
    to another platform. I have heard great things about
    blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into it?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    vacations with dogs recently posted..vacations with dogsMy Profile

11. January 29, 2014 at 9:15 pm

افضل فيديو العاب دورا ، دورا ، dora , dora games شاهدته في حياتي
    العاب دورا recently posted..العاب دوراMy Profile

12. February 3, 2014 at 6:51 pm

I’d like to really have the Black & White Diamond ring.
    They have beautiful jewellery. thanks for the giveaway!
    Mittie recently posted..MittieMy Profile

13. February 9, 2014 at 5:33 pm

Hi friends, how is the whole thing, and what you wish for to say on the topic of this article, in my
    view its really remarkable designed for me.
    e vapor cigarette uk recently posted..e vapor cigarette ukMy Profile

14. February 14, 2014 at 4:22 pm

Wow! In the end I got a webpage from where I know how to actually get helpful facts concerning my study
    and knowledge.
    direct tv installation jobs recently posted..direct tv installation jobsMy Profile

15. February 19, 2014 at 2:36 pm

In fact no matter if someone doesn’t know then its up to other users that they will help, so here it occurs.
    funny monkeygag memes recently posted..funny monkeygag memesMy Profile

16. February 19, 2014 at 3:10 pm

It’s ոearly impossible too find knowledgeable people on
    this subject, but you sound like yօu know what you’гe talking about!
    Thanks
    http://guidaopzioni.altervista.org recently posted..http://guidaopzioni.altervista.orgMy Profile

17. February 19, 2014 at 10:14 pm

Wonderful goods from you, man. I’ve bear in mind your stuff prior to and you’re just too excellent.
    I actually like what you’ve received here, certainly like what you’re saying and the way through
    which you are saying it. You are making it enjoyable and you continue to take care of to keep it wise.

I can not wait to learn far more from you.
    This is actually a tremendous website.
    ทำ seo recently posted..ทำ seoMy Profile

18. February 28, 2014 at 11:06 am

Asking questions are genuinely fastidious thing if you are not understanding something entirely, however this article presents
    good understanding even.
    Singer Island Real Estate recently posted..Singer Island Real EstateMy Profile

19. March 2, 2014 at 9:16 pm

It’s actually very difficult in this busy life to listen news on TV, therefore
    I simply use world wide web for that purpose, and obtain the newest information.
    how to make wallet how to make a flower how to make a bow recently posted..how to make wallet how to make a flower how to make a bowMy Profile

20. March 10, 2014 at 3:50 pm

How will they pay for food, gas, shelter, and the various other expenses that
    are essential for a comfortable life. In a related scenario, an investor may buy gold early in a
    condition where there is increased investor confidence.

Also like gold IRA, bars and coins can also be held
    in the silver IRA to help in improving an investment
    portfolio.
    Issuu.com/goldira55/ recently posted..Issuu.com/goldira55/My Profile

21. March 12, 2014 at 9:01 pm

My programmer is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP.
    I have always disliked the idea because of
    the expenses. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using WordPress on a number of websites for about a year and am worried about switching to another platform.
    I have heard excellent things about blogengine.net.
    Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress content into it?
    Any help would be really appreciated!
    toko obat kuat herbal recently posted..toko obat kuat herbalMy Profile

22. March 16, 2014 at 5:30 am

The transfer market iis active but could be easier to use. If his
    personal life haad not imitated his art so much that it forced himm into a
    self imposed hiatus then Em would probably bee higher on my list but the release
    of his latest album Relapse has the world on notice and so
    we again fnd ourselves sitting back waiting and watching the
    playful madnwss that is. Yeah, yeah-there’s the
    “drawing room” scene and the “steamy car” scene, but the one at bow
    of the ship against a very real (from what I heard) sunset is magical.
    wintada.com recently posted..wintada.comMy Profile

23. March 18, 2014 at 11:16 am

I needed tto tthank you for this very good read!! I certainly enjoyed
    every bit of it.I have got you book-marked too check out new things you post…
    como conseguir un penis mas grande recently posted..como conseguir un penis mas grandeMy Profile

24. March 19, 2014 at 1:02 am

I needed to thank you for this very good read!!
    I certainly loved every bit of it. I have got you saved as a favorite to check out
    new things you post…
    \
    Comprar Zapatos Louboutin Outlet recently posted..Comprar Zapatos Louboutin OutletMy Profile

25. April 11, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Wonderful beat ! I would like to apprentice whilst you amend your
    website, how can i subscribe for a weblog site? The account helped
    me a acceptable deal. I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered
    vibrant transparent idea
    ヴィヴィアンウエストウッド アウトレット recently posted..ヴィヴィアンウエストウッド アウトレットMy Profile

26. April 13, 2014 at 9:06 pm

Having read this I thought it was very informative.

I appreciate you finding the time and energy to put this short article together.
    I once again find myself personally spending a significant amount of time
    both reading and posting comments. But so what, it was still worth it!
    how to make money on tumblr recently posted..how to make money on tumblrMy Profile

27. April 15, 2014 at 10:23 am

I think what you posted made a great deal of sense.
    But, what about this? suppose you were to write a killer headline?
    I ain’t suggesting your content isn’t solid., however suppose you added
    a headline that grabbed a person’s attention?
    I mean Get Your Kids to Play outside with Daniel the
    Tiger! | Retail Therapy Lounge is a little boring. You could
    look at Yahoo’s home page and watch how they create post headlines to get viewers to open the links.

You might add a video or a pic or two to grab readers interested about
    what you’ve written. Just my opinion, it could make your posts a little bit more interesting.
    Bart recently posted..BartMy Profile

28. April 23, 2014 at 4:34 pm

職場の後輩が黒眼を大きく見せるカラコンしてる 化粧も茶髪もつけまつ毛も可愛くなるけど(例外アリ)カラコンは例外なくキモくなるから嫌 てんそくみたいにヨロヨロ歩いている気持ち悪いおばば
    カラコンなんてしてたら即バレすると思うが・・・