You often don’t think of a crock pot as healthy cooking – but as comfort food. In comes the Healthy Slow Cooker! Some yummy crock pot recipes that are good for you too! The French Basil Chicken was my favorite chicken and the Spicy Peanut Chicken was good too. The is just a bit of prep work but these are far healthier and yummier than most – and easy too! There is a large fish section too!
About the Book
A winning combination of healthy eating and convenience.
Here’s an ideal combination: a tasty meal, nutrition for good health, and the convenience of a slow cooker. The Healthy Slow Cooker offers more than 100 delicious, nourishing recipes that are healthy and contain key nutritional, health and wellness information. Along with a complete nutrient analysis, each recipe will feature:
- An icon denotes vegan friendly recipes
- “Mindful morsels” that highlight particular nutritional elements
- “Natural Wonders” that provide an a overview of a dish’s healthful benefits
For example, Indian-Style Chicken with PurÃ©ed Spinach provides 400% of the daily requirement of Vitamin K, and cumin in the recipe improves digestion. Here’s a small sampling of the tantalizing array of recipes:
- Creamy Polenta with Corn and Chilies
- Moroccan-Style Lamb with Apricots and Raisins
- Ribs ‘n’ Greens with Wheatberries
- Winter Vegetable Casserole
- Cranberry Pear Brown Betty
- Indian Banana Pudding
For diabetics, the book features a separate section of useful advice and nutrition guidelines.
You can buy this book online for about $25.
Disclaimer: I was not paid or did not receive any compensation, but did receive samples to review and test out. The opinions in this post are soley mine.